Title Financial Corporation and its subsidiaries, Flying S Title & Escrow are pleased to announce that we have received ALTA Best Practices Certification from a third party Certified Public Accounting firm. We received the certification on January 1, 2020, and continue to be committed to exceeding the standards established by the American Land Title Association’s 7 Pillars of Best Practices.
ALTA’s Best Practices require that title and escrow agents establish written policies and procedures for all seven pillars that ensure:
- All licensing and renewal requirements are in place to conduct business.
- Controls for Escrow Trust Accounts are in place to protect and safeguard client funds.
- A Privacy and Information Security program exists to increase protection of private and confidential consumer information.
- Settlement procedures are in place to ensure timely recordings and correct fees are collected for premiums and other services provided.
- Policy delivery and remittance meets statutory and/or contractual requirements.
- The appropriate professional liability, fidelity coverage, and/or errors and omissions insurance is in place to comply with state and underwriting agreements.
- A process for receiving and addressing consumer complaints.
The protection and fair treatment of the consumer is a high priority at Title Financial Corporation and Flying S Title & Escrow. We have created organizational procedures that are compliant with federal consumer laws, yet assist our customers in the most accurate and efficient manner possible. We are proud to be among the elite few in our industry that have achieved ALTA’s Best Practice Certification.
To request a copy of our certification package or for further information, please contact our Compliance Department — email@example.com