Title Insurance vs Homeowners Insurance￼
Title Insurance protects you from things that have already happened, but are unknown or hidden.
Homeowners Insurance protects you from what might happen.
Title Insurance Covers Things Like…
- A defect in title caused by forgery, fraud, undue influence, duress, or incompetency.
- A defect in title caused by an undisclosed prior mortgage or other liens.
- No right of access to and from the land.
- A defect in title caused by improper execution of documents.
- A defect in title caused by documents not being properly filed, recorded, or indexed in the Public Records.
- One time premium.
Homeowners Insurance Covers Things Like…
- Damage to the contents of your home.
- Theft of personal property in your home.
- Living expenses if your home is uninhabitable.
- Damage to your home caused by fire, hail, windstorm, and vandalism.
- Personal liability for bodily injury or accidents to guests in your home.
- Structural damage to your home or detached structures.
- Annual premium.